Have you considered filing your Tax Return electronically? My colleague all so advance la, already did it last year. I decided to do it online this year to save all the hassle.
Received this email last year:
Dear valued taxpayer,
Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (HASiL) has introduced e-Filing, an application which enables taxpayers to submit their Tax Return Forms electronically - "Easy, Accurate & Safe".
2. In order to submit your tax return forms via internet, a digital
signature is required. To facilitate this, HASiL provides for free Digital Certificates to all taxpayers.
3. You can obtain the Digital Certificate from any HASiL branch. All
these services are provided for FREE.
4. Information pertaining to e-Filing can be obtained from :
i. HASiL website https://e.hasil.org.my ; or
ii. Customer Call Center at 1-300-88-3010 ; or
iii. e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Hasil would like to extend its gratitude to taxpayers who have used
this system. HASiL also welcomes constructive suggestions / comments towards increasing the quality of service.
INLAND REVENUE BOARD MALAYSIA
Okay but exactly how to apply for one digital cert??? I got no time to go to any hasil branch wei.
Here is how:
1. Photocopy your identification card, front and back on a piece of A4 paper.
2. Write your header with pen on the same piece of A4 paper, yea, a little backward here,
Per: Mendapatkan Slip Sijil Digital.
3. Add your No. Rujukan cukai No.: SGxxxxxxx-xxx, address and contact number below your IC.
4. Scan your A4 paper in copier or scanner
5. Email your scanned image to email@example.com
You will then receive an automated response from Revenue Management Department LHDNM. It takes like 1 to 2 weeks before they send you the cert. A little patient is required here. You will be on your way to e-filing after receiving the digital cert. I am still waiting for mine.