Few weeks ago, I stumbled upon my long overdue project in the store room.
Know what is this?
Hehe… It was my first attempt to make soap from scratch. It’s been almost a year ago. After finishing them, I just left it there to age. Little did I know that a short period of age turned out to be a year? This is best described with the Malay proverb “Hangat hangat tahi ayam”. *Embarrassed smile*
I was very excited over this project. It took me quite a while to get the one very important element for the soap saponification process. That’s Sodium Hydroxide.
Earlier on when I was working in KL, I used to frequent KLCC’s Kinokuniya for soap making book. After reading them for a while, I started experiment it. After a long period of searching, thanks to Ah-li my friend, who directed me to the right person who is working along this soap making line; she gave me some sodium sample, of coz it’s the diluted version, I had to play around with the water amount. It’s not easy to come by this sodium coz one needs to apply for a license from Ministry of Health in order to use it.
I started with a basic three oil soap.
It was very fun seeing it forming harder and harder becoming soap. I didn’t add in enough fragrant for this batch as it was my first attempt. It turns out to smell like “ah-ne-ne” soap. Hahaha!
This is how the final soap looked like after packaging.